Spartanburg Philharmonic - Digital Marketing Intern
Type of Position: Internship
Digital Marketing Intern
Class credit; unpaid internship
Position Location: Spartanburg, SC
Application Deadline: Currently seeking a Summer 2019 intern, but will accept applications throughout the year.
Spartanburg Philharmonic offers a student the opportunity to learn the basics of the non-profit world, to receive hands-on experience in a variety of departments, and to polish communication and marketing talents in an intimate, supervised atmosphere.
The internship position requires an individual who is both responsible and versatile. While an effort is made to show the intern that a variety of skills are needed, taking and initiative and being self-motivated is key to making this internship successful.
The student is allowed to continue the internship longer upon the invitation of Spartanburg Philharmonic.
The internship affords students opportunities to:
1. Learn how to manage different social media platforms
2. Learn about communication flows
3. Project management
4. Participate in productive work activities as cooperative, contributing team members.
5. Exercise decision-making and problem-solving abilities in performing self-directed work assignments.
6. Assess career plans and aspirations in relation to internship.
The Digital Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting with a variety of marketing projects at Spartanburg Philharmonic. This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to gain important work experience while using their education. This individual will be immersed in a variety of marketing aspects preparing the individual for a career in marketing, communications, business, customer service, or sales.
• Write SEO focused content - blog posts, website content, and newsletters.
• Support Director of Marketing with planning social media content and adjustments to social media pages (e.g. Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Spotify)
• Work closely on various community-related projects, including creative development and event planning as needed.
• Prepare documents and assist with website content entry
• Assist with general office duties
To be considered for an internship with the Spartanburg Philharmonic, you must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or graduate). All Spartanburg Philharmonic internships are unpaid, with the opportunity to receive academic credit depending on university requirements.
• Reliability and punctuality
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly
• Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Motivated self-starter who is capable of working both individually and with a team
• Detail oriented but able to work within a strategic plan
• Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
• Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. Social Report, Google Analytics)
How to apply:
Spartanburg Philharmonic accepts interns on an "as needed' basis and applications are accepted at any time during the year.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and one (1) letter of recommendation to Keyana Hammonds at email@example.com . Please include "Digital Marketing Internship" in the subject line.