Chapman Cultural Center - Arts and Nonprofit Management Intern
Chapman Cultural Center
Type of Position: Internship
Position Title: Arts and Nonprofit Management Intern.
Class credit; unpaid internship
Position Location: Spartanburg, SC
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 1, 2020
The Chapman Cultural Center is seeking an Arts and Nonprofit Management Intern.
- Support President and CEO with research and written content for printed and/or online publications
- Assist President with preparation, planning, execution and follow-up for any CCC programs and other regional cultural events as needed
- Assist President with the planning and execution of related activities in preparation for the cultural season
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings to learn nonprofit governance process
- Research best practices in creative placemaking and public art to align with CCC goals and program of work
- Support President in writing blogs relevant to current work and long term goals
- Support Public Art initiatives with research and planning
- Provide President with research and data analysis of local cultural organizations and impact of events and programs
- Assist President with public relations activities with elected officials and other key stakholders
- Attend and assist with any events or programs organized by Chapman Cultural Center
- Update President’s presentations and speech documents with new data
- General administrative work
- Additional projects to be determined that capitalize on the talents and interests of the intern
- A passion for the arts.
- Undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent college graduate.
- Interest in nonprofit and/or arts administration and cultural policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and juggle numerous assignments at one time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
How to apply:
Applicant should send resume, cover letter of introduction with area of interest and expected outcomes of internship. Please note desired duration of internship.
Send to TDawkins@spartanarts.org